Campus Offices

In cases where international scholars and postdocs must provide personal information to the US Government, the VSPA Office helps guide the affiliates.  We direct you to the appropriate information and government offices, such as SEVIS, tax treaty exemption renewal, UC Repatriation/emergency medical evacuation, Social Security and USCIS.  In addition, the Berkeley International Office details its administrative services for campus affiliates as well as offering advising and advocacy.

Berkeley International Office

Click here for advising, document information and other services that BIO provides for international scholars

International House

I-House functions as a multicultural program and residential center for international scholars.  "Its mission is to foster intercultural respect, understanding, lifelong friendships, and leadership skills to promote a more tolerant and peaceful world."

Sponsored Projects Office

The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) on the Berkeley campus is responsible for preparing, interpreting, negotiating, and accepting agreements for projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, corporations, and other public and private sources. SPO also prepares and negotiates all sub-awards for collaborative research.